Monday, May 29, 2006

The Settlers

I was watching something on T.V. a couple of days ago and they referred to the first white inhabitants of a certain part of America as "settlers", meaning they decided to stay and add "civilization" to that particular piece of real estate.

Of course it's not the first time that I've heard that term used, but for the first time I processed it differently that I have before.

I started to feel sorry for the "settlers". I saw them as settlers, people settling for what life gave them. I began seeing the folks in Satan's Anus as settlers, hoping that I wasn't becoming one.

I hope I'm an "aspirant", but if you're surrounded by "settlers" I think that shit's contagious.

I listen to people, young people, around here discuss their goals and it's so low level. Thinking as if you want to be a high achiever is easy. It's the work that's hard! How much of a slack ass do you have to be to think so low level?

Here's to the settlers. I hope I'm looking at them in the rear view mirror.

4 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 03:30:00 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

You are!
Stay away from the "settling" snatch and focus on your goal.

 
At 5/31/2006 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I don't know you but I "sense" you're not the "settling" kind. Kings don't settle, they conquer lands and move on to the next...that is my image of you, LIVE UP TO IT ;-)

 
At 8/07/2006 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You'll be iight!

I'm with blah blah blah... Stay away for the "settlers" they will influence you more than you know.

Thank God I was a loner in school...LOL It all worked out.

Peace

 
At 3/07/2007 02:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Aybss webserver Energy topamax Provigil treatment Commercial insurance liability texas body fat measurer Medical student health insurance Women running track http://www.breast-enhancement-3.info/dr-lane-oral-surgery.html Enema and sex http://www.screen-print-t-shirt.info/liposuction-irvine.html tunisia projectors http://www.car-cover-8.info/1990-vw-corrado.html what is valtrex valaciclovir Mazda tribute copper Dell laptop contest computers mouse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home